Nickel Cadmium Batteries (Ni-Cd) up to 800 Ah:-
- The nickel-cadmium battery is the most reliable battery system available in the market today.
- It is not surprising, therefore, that the nickel-cadmium battery has become an obvious first choice for users looking for Complete reliability, Long cycle life, Fast recharge, Exceptionally long lifetime, Low maintenance, Low life-cycle cost, Wide operating temperature range, Environmentally safe
- Capacity up to 800 Ah. The block battery capacity is rated in ampere-hours (Ah) and is the quantity of electricity at +20°C (+68°F) which it can supply for a 5-hour discharge to 1.0 V after being fully charged for 7.5 hours at 0.2 C5 A.
- Cell voltage: The nominal voltage for this electrochemical couple is 1.2 V
- According to IEC 60623 Standards
- There are a number of methods which are used to size nickel-cadmium batteries for standby floating applications. The method is the IEEE 1115 recommendation which is accepted internationally
- Different types:-
* Low discharge cells (KPL) battery: The L type is designed for applications where the battery is required to provide a reliable source of energy over relatively long discharge periods, Normally, the current is relatively low in comparison with the total stored energy
* Medium discharge cells (KPM) battery: The M type is designed for applications where the batteries are usually required to sustain electrical loads for between 30 minutes to 3 hours or for “mixed” loads which involve a mixture of high and low discharge rates.
- Active Material:-
– Nickel Hydroxide& Cadmium Hydroxide.
- Switchgear – UPS – Process control – Data and information systems – Emergency lighting -Security and fire alarm systems – Switching and transmission systems – Signaling
* UPS, Power stations, Railways
* Medical ( hospital, X-ray equipment)
* Buildings (public, private)
* Utilities (electricity, gas,water production & distribution)
* Industry (chemical, mining, steel metal works )
* Oil, and Gas (offshore & onshore, petrochemical refineries )
* Military (all applications)