Nickel Cadmium Batteries
Nickel Cadmium Batteries up to 800 AH
Nickel Cadmium Batteries (NiCd battery or NiCad battery ) is the most reliable battery system available in the market today
- It is not surprising, therefore, that the Nickel Cadmium battery has become an obvious first choice for users looking for :- Complete reliability, Long cycle life, Fast recharge, Exceptionally long lifetime, Low maintenance, Low life-cycle cost, Wide operating temperature range, Environmentally safe
- Capacity up to 800 Ah. : block battery capacity is rated in ampere-hours (Ah) and is the quantity of electricity at +20°C (+68°F) which it can supply for a 5-hour discharge to 1.0 V after being fully charged for 7.5 hours at 0.2 C5 A.
- Cell voltage: The nominal voltage for this electrochemical couple is 1.2 V
- According to IEC 60623 Standards :
- There are a number of methods which are used to size Nickel Cadmium batteries for standby floating applications.
- The method is the IEEE 1115 recommendation (accepted internationally)
- Different types of Nickel Cadmium Batteries :-
* Low discharge cells (KPL) battery: The L type is designed for applications where the battery is required to provide a reliable source of energy over relatively long discharge periods, Normally, the current is relatively low in comparison with the total stored energy
* Medium discharge cells (KPM) battery: The M type is designed for applications where the batteries are usually required to sustain electrical loads for between 30 minutes to 3 hours or for “mixed” loads which involve a mixture of high and low discharge rates.
* High discharge cells (KPH) battery: The H type is very thin plates and high current over short period <30 min starting for Power backup application.
- Extended Storage : For many years ( Empty and Discharged)
- Environmentally safe: More than 99% of Ni-Cd battery can be recycled
- Active Material:-
– Nickel Hydroxide& Cadmium Hydroxide.
– Storage: store the battery indoors in a dry and clean location. Vantage batteries are normally supplied filled with electrolyte and charged. They can stored in this condition for up to 12 Months. If prolonged storge (beyond 12 Months) is required, please, consult EGYTRAFO . Never drain the electrolyte from the cells
- Nickel Cadmium Batteries Applications:- Switchgear – UPS – Process control – Data and information systems – Emergency lighting -Security and fire alarm systems – Switching and transmission systems – Signaling
- Types and application:-